Interpreting Services International, Inc. (ISI) is an industry leader specializing in culturally and linguistically appropriate translations for healthcare, life sciences, pharmaceutical, and financial services. Our services include document translation, software and website localization, multimedia localization, and interpreting. We have extensive experience in technical translation and localization of user manuals, material data safety sheets, web pages, marketing/advertising material, and on-line documentation. ISI enables successful communication through full-service language and localization solutions, from a global team of linguists deeply rooted in the cultural and technical nuances of virtually every business language.
ISI seeks to hire the professional services of a Translation Production Manager, who will be responsible for overseeing the overall production, quality control, and performance of a team of translation project managers and assistants through ensuring the team’s adherence to ISI’s policies and customer service standards. He or she will report to the Director of Production.
- Supervise and motivate translation project managers and assistants;
- Communicate and update translation production status, key issues and project plans to Director of Production;
- Communicate with clients to develop translation workflows, processes, and solutions that meet their needs;
- Advise clients regarding translation pricing, linguistic issues, and translation project schedules;
- Plan, coordinate, streamline, and control overall translation production processes to ensure productivity, quality, efficiency, on time, and under budget that meet client expectation;
- Dispatch tasks to individual translation project managers and assistant based on workload, capability, and capacity;
- Interview, select, evaluate and train employees and develop personal growth opportunities;
- Handle translation project manager/client questions, requests, and issues; develop policies and procedures to support translation project manager needs; brainstorm with team members to anticipate and resolve client, management, production quality, or other issues;
- Communicate job expectations to translation project manager; monitor and track individual translation project manager’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Review, appraise, and assess translation job results and performance of each translation project manager and identify training needs;
- Discuss translation production activity and translation project manager performance levels with company principals; Work closely with company principals to implement the company’s missions and goals;
- Identify and resolve conflicts related to translation issues to ensure accuracy and consistency in translation projects;
- Identify translation and localization process and tool improvement while driving implementation with the relevant teams;
- Organize and participate in internal meetings (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly);
- Master’s degree in translation, linguistics, or a related area
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Chinese;
- Full professional proficiency in English;
- Proficiency in translation or localization software or tools;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
Apply to Interpreting Services International, Inc. C/O Michael Bearden, 520 N. Central Ave, Ste. 620, Glendale, CA 91203.