Job Title: Senior Translation Project Manager
Interpreting Services International, Inc. (ISI) is a leader in the translation industry specializing in culturally and linguistically appropriate translations for the healthcare, life sciences, pharmaceutical, and financial services sectors. Our services include document translation, software and website localization, multimedia localization, and interpreting. We have extensive experience in technical translation and localization of user manuals, material data safety sheets, web pages, marketing/advertising material, and online documentation. ISI enables successful communication through full-service language and localization solutions from a global team of linguists deeply rooted in the cultural and technical nuances of virtually every business language.
ISI seeks to hire the professional services of a Senior Translation Project Manager, who will be responsible for overseeing the overall production, quality control, and performance of a team of linguists by ensuring the team’s adherence to ISI’s policies and customer service standards. He or she will report to the Production Manager.
- Plan, coordinate, streamline, and control overall localization production processes to ensure productivity, quality, efficiency, timeliness, and budget-adherence to meet client expectations;
- Communicate with clients to develop translation workflows, processes, and solutions that meet their needs;
- Advise clients regarding localization pricing, linguistic issues, and localization project schedules;
- Develop and maintain translation style guide as well as term bases to reflect each client’s needs and preferences
- Dispatch tasks to resources such as freelance translators and DTP specialists, and provide clear instructions;
- Handle vendor/client questions, requests, and issues; brainstorm with team members to anticipate and resolve client, management, production quality, and other issues;
- Review, appraise, and assess localization job results and performance of vendors, provide feedback, and identify training needs;
- Identify and resolve conflicts related to localization issues to ensure accuracy and consistency in localization projects;
- Identify localization process and tool improvement while driving implementation with the relevant teams;
- Train Junior Project Managers and Project Managers;
- Translate, edit, and proofread Chinese text as needed
- Perform desktop publishing on translated files using various tools such as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator to ensure the best layout and readability for each material type and language
- Master’s degree in translation, linguistics, or a related area;
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Chinese;
- Full professional proficiency in English;
- Proficient in translation or localization software and tools including Trados Studio, Memsource, XTRF, and SDL WorldServer.
Apply to Interpreting Services International, Inc. c/o Michael Bearden, 700 N. Brand Blvd., Suite 950, Glendale, CA 91203.