Overview of position:
ISI Language Solutions is currently seeking extremely detail-oriented proofers with strong proofreading skills to join our team. Proofers would be focusing on a healthcare-related project (the end of July or earlier to the Beginning of September 2019). This is an hourly, contract-based position with the potential to grow with the company. Candidates who are qualified may be required to take a brief test. Candidates with native-level fluency in one of the following target languages are preferred: Spanish, Chinese (Traditionals), Korean, Vietnamese, Russian, Polish or Tagalog.
Background of ISI:
ISI Language Solutions is a leading provider of language access solutions for health care plans, providers, and members. We are vital in ensuring access to health care for the 30 million US citizens that speak a language other than English. Our clients include leading insurers and medical facilities across the US.
ISI Language Solutions has been recognized as a Top 100 global language services provider by Nimdzi Insights and as a Top 20 language service provider by the Common Sense Advisory. ISI Language Solutions is privately owned.
- Hourly contract position; 6-8 hours a day depending on the day/language
- The project will consist of proofreading booklets that are over 100 pages. The number of booklets varies depending on the language. These pages will be broken down into smaller increments (example, 600 words, 2 pages) and sent to you for proofing within a short turnaround time.
- There will be out-of-business working hours required during the contract period;
- Turnaround will be urgent and this project will need to take priority;
- The proofers will be able to come on-site (located in Glendale, CA); remote candidates are also considered if the requirement is met.
- Start/End date – the end of July or earlier to the Beginning of September 2019 (about 6 weeks).
- File comparison and other related tasks may be added to the job responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Translation or related field preferred. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Eligible to work in the US;
- Proficient in written and spoken English;
- Exceptionally detail-oriented proofreader;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus;
- Knowledge with CAT tools, QA tools, and translation memory is a plus;
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced with healthcare and medical documents
- Precise when following directions/instructions
- Great work ethic and a team player.
To apply please provide the following to Jobs@isitrans.com
- Email subject line: EG Proofer (Part-time) Application
- An updated resume with any relevant certificate
- A brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working for ISI Language Solutions
- Wage requirements